Sunday, August 10, 2008

SOUTHERN RIDGES OF SINGAPORE

SOUTHERN RIDGES OF SINGAPORE



Early this morning, we went to explore the Southern Ridges. I was initially in the pram. After Mummy let me loose (that is, out of my pram), I decided not to sit back on my pram liao. I walked around on my own, as I didn’t let Mummy hold my hand. (Me a bit ‘haolian’ hor... Keke…) Daddy was afraid that I might fall down coz the bridge is quite steep (for me) at times. Daddy decided to carry me as we were about to go home






We had walked a short distance of 0.3km; that is the distance of the bridge that connects Mt Faber and Telok Blangah Hill. That bridge is called “Henderson Waves”. At 36 metres above Henderson Road, Henderson Waves is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore! The “waves” rise over and below the deck and function as shelters with seats. Slats of Balau wood, an all-weather wood found in South-East Asia, were used for the decking. Go for the walk if u all want to sweat out..:)

No comments: